Best of Sensors Expo & Engineering Excellence Awards
About the Program
For nearly 20 years, Sensors Expo and Sensors Online have been working to uncover and spotlight the year's best sensor applications and innovations in the Best of Sensors Expo Awards Program, and most recently, the sensor industry's best teams and professionals in the Engineering Excellence Awards Program. The Awards Ceremony will take place at the McEnery Convention Center in conjunction with Sensors Expo & Conference.
What are the Best of Sensors Expo Awards?
These awards focus on applications and innovations in the world of sensors. Sensors will recognize the winners on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 in the Sensors Live Theater at the McEnery Convention Center.
- Innovation Award: This award seeks to recognize advances in sensor and sensor-related technologies, either in the form of novel technologies or as significant improvements in existing technologies. Nominated technologies should meet the requirement for distinctiveness, potential impact, and application. Click here to complete the nomination form.
- Application Award: This award is for sensor applications, whether commercial or experimental. The goal is to recognize sensor use in the wider world. Nominated applications should use sensors, must be distinctive, must have the potential to change the way people work, and must serve a real need. Click here to complete the nomination form.
What are the Engineering Excellence Awards?
These awards focus on excellence among the engineering community. Sensors will recognize the winners on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 during the Kick-Off Party at the McEnery Convention Center.
- Engineers of the Year Award: Intended to recognize engineering teams working within the sensor industry. Winners must have provided an outstanding contribution to the sensors industry, either through the development of sensor technology or by its application to address real-world problems. Click here to complete the nomination form.
- Rising Star Award: Intended to recognize a young engineer who is active within the sensors industry and has already contributed to advancing sensor technology or sensor applications. Click here to complete the nomination form.
NEW Women In Sensors Engineering Award!
Intended to recognize a female engineer for her accomplishments and far-reaching impacts they are having on the sensor industry, all part of the Women In Sensors Engineering Program. Click here for the nomination form.
NEW IoT Connectivity Ecosystem Influencer Award!
Developed in conjunction with James Brehm & Associates, the new awards will highlight companies that have successfully integrated sensors and connectivity into IoT solutions and can demonstrate measurable results. Click here to complete the nomination form.
The goal of IoT is to make life simpler and more exciting for consumers, or more cost effective and impactful for enterprises by interconnecting the physical and digital worlds around them. With this in mind, nominees of the IoT Connectivity Ecosystem Influence Award must demonstrate the utility of sensors and the benefits of IoT connectivity in real world scenarios. Award categories range from agriculture to automotive; healthcare to manufacturing; smart cities to supply chain. A full list can be found in the nomination form.
Criteria for nomination includes:
- Benefit to Society
- Better Analytics and Metrics
- Improved Process and Human Resource Allocation
- Increase in Production
- Product/Service Differentiation
- Rapid Deployment
- Reduction in Cost
- Reduction in Repair Time
Nominations should be submitted from a third-party partner or observer. The list will then be narrowed down by a prestigious panel of independent experts including editors, analysts, and consultants across the IoT ecosystem.
Award Program Key Dates:
- Open for entries: March 12, 2018
- Entry Deadline: May 21, 2018
- Finalists announced: June 4, 2018
- Awards Ceremony: June 26-27, 2018
Judging Process & Panel
The online nomination forms will provide qualifying information on each prospective nominee. The Executive Editor of Sensors will then review all nominations with the Judging Panel, and will contact nominees to secure more in-depth details as necessary.
To complete the nomination forms, please click the links below for the Awards you wish to be considered for. All you need to enter:
- Nominee's Name
- Nominee's Title and Organization
- Brief synopsis explaining why this technology/person should receive an Award
- Supporting evidence/examples
- Best of Sensors Expo Award - Innovation
- Best of Sensors Expo Award - Application
- Engineering Excellence Award - Engineering Team of the Year
- Engineering Excellence Award - Rising Star
- Women In Sensors Engineering Award
- IoT Connectivity Ecosystem Influence Awards
What Do Winners Receive?
When you or your product is selected for a Best of Sensors Expo or Engineering Excellence Award, you will receive:
- Complimentary Gold Pass to attend Sensors Expo & Conference 2018 (valued at $1,499)
- A distinguished 2018 Award to display in your booth and/or place of business
- Exclusive use of the Award Winner logo for one year
- Inclusion in a press release announcing the year's Award winners and accomplishments
- Press release template for your distribution
- The Rising Star Award Winner will receive complimentary hotel nights on Sensors!
Plus, your Best of Sensors Expo achievement will be announced to the industry via: