A Questex Commitment
Together we can create a safe space where business can flourish.
Your health and safety—and ours—is important! With 100+ in-person events globally, Questex is monitoring data daily by country, state, local government and venue.
We’re also incorporating guidelines from health agencies like CDC, Public Health England, Berlin Senate Department for Health, Ministry of Health and WHO on vaccines, testing and protocols to achieve the best safety results.
Updated Safety Regulations at Sensors Converge 2021
On August 24, 2021, the San Jose city council voted unanimously to require all attendees and staff to provide proof of vaccination in order to enter any event of 50 or more people at city facilities, including the San Jose Convention Center. Questex will be following this new guidance for Sensors Converge 2021. (This decision supersedes the California Department of Public Health announcement that vaccine verification or negative testing requirement would be applied to indoor events involving 1,000 or more participants).
Participants will be asked to provide proof of vaccination before the event starts. Additional details on the vaccine policy will be provided upon registration. Per the new regulation, we will not be accepting negative tests as proof of entry.
If you cannot participate because of this policy, or due to travel restrictions, we encourage you to attend the Sensors Converge hybrid event. More details are here.
For further information on the Questex Be Safe commitment please click here.
Room for Big Ideas
In accordance with government guidance and local mandates, our events will follow new standards for crowd density. This is conscientious event planning that provides room for you to think big.
We encourage our attendees to follow a three feet physical distance rule.
We’ll be monitoring the event capacity overall and provide extra spacing in the conference room spaces.
Educational session areas will have safely distanced seating and increased cleaning protocols.
Exhibit hall theaters will have safely distanced seating.
A Safe Space
We care about clean. It’s one of the most critical and effective ways to keep you and your fellow attendees safe throughout the event. We appreciate your cooperation!
- We all need to do our part to keep our community safe.
- Plan to:
- Wear a mask, or double mask, at all times
- Follow signage for safe physical distance
- Wash hands frequently and maintain personal hygiene
- Do not attend if you are not feeling well
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and disposable facemasks will be available in clearly marked areas.
- Mostly contact free registration and safely distanced.
- High touch areas will have increased cleaning, including bathrooms, handrails, door handles, elevator buttons, and counter tops.
- Food and beverage functions will be managed by trained staff wearing proper PPE. Seating will be physically distanced and outside when possible.
- Plexi-glass guards will be in high-interaction areas such as help desks, food or beverage stations and registration stations.
Rapid Response Team
Questex is being hyper vigilant when it comes to safety. We’re monitoring data daily by region and venue and incorporating CDC and WHO guidelines to ensure we have the right resources and processes in place.
Keith Owen is the Sensors Converge Rapid Response Team leader and is supported by on-site staff and partners.
We will follow approved health authority guidance on screening participants. This could include temperature checks.
We have aligned with local departments on processes for best safety protocols and are prepared to act quickly if an individual is feeling sick or showing symptoms of illness.
Whether it be through our show website, mobile app, email or on-site signage, we will be providing the essential information to keep you in the know.
- Safety reminders and any updated information from local health officials will be provided.
- Information will be delivered electronically to attendees before they arrive on site, explaining the specific safety and heathy precautions being implemented at the event.
Bringing people together and driving business forward.
Through event and digital experiences Questex helps audiences discover new ways to expand and optimize their businesses, to learn the ins and outs of unique solutions and to find the right providers when they are ready to buy.